Wednesday, November 26, 2008

What are YOU thankful for?

Dear Readers,

It's about that time of the year again, the holiday season.  Mom's mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, white trash jello, and who can forget the all important turkey with all the fixins?  Well, it's sad to say that this will only be the second time in 21 years that I will not be with my anyone in my family for Thanksgiving.  I still remember last year at Thanksgiving when Casey, Brady, Sarah, and I went to Mckenzie's house in Omaha for dinner.  After eating an unnecessary amount, I found myself passed out on the floor, and three hours had gone by.  I guess that's what Thanksgiving is all about though.

One thing my dad has done every year since I was able to talk was ask us all what we're thankful for.  Since I'm not going to be in the states for Thanksgiving, I thought I'd let everyone know, and maybe you guys can respond with what you're thankful for in the comments section.  I'm thankful for...

  • My parent's enthusiasm when I told them I wanted to study abroad
  • The internet, because it let's me talk with my family and watch Butler basketball games.  Also, I had lunch with a girl yesterday that I grew up with and hadn't seen in almost 10 years because of the internet.
  • The luck I've had with my health, I don't often get injured or sick anymore, but it's something that is easily taken for granted.
  • My grandpa, for taking a real interest in what I'm doing.  He may be a senior citizen, but man does he know how to send an e-mail.
Well, there you have it.  On Thursday, think about what you're thankful for.  Give it some deep thought, because you probably have more things on your list than you would first think about.  



Clay

No comments: